Western Australian State Amateur Brewing Competition 2021 brought to you by CHEEKY MONKEY BREWING CO Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
Exhibitors are responsible for selecting the correct classes or subclasses and abiding by the section conditions and published deadlines.
- The competition is open to amateur brewers only
- This is restricted to non-commercial and/or home brewers who produce beer that have not been brewed on premises licensed as a commercial brewery. Beer produced from extract kits and wort kits are welcome.
- Entries must be submitted under the brewer’s contact name
- Exhibitors must feature a beer name no longer than six (6) words. Entry names over this length, or entry names submitted with offensive language will not be accepted.
- There is a limit 2 entries per class, and one entry permissible per sub-class
- All entries must be submitted online via https://competition.wasabc.org/
- No entry will be accepted until the entry fee is received in full
- THERE WILL BE NO TRANSFERS MADE BY EXHIBITORS OR STEWARDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. It is the Exhibitors responsibility to enter the correct beer in the correct class or subclass.
- An Exhibitor who breaches any rules or Section Condition may be disqualified or suspended for any period of time.
WASABC committee may, at its sole discretion, withdraw, reject or disqualify an exhibit.
- WASABC may at any time change the terms within this schedule without notice.
- By entering this competition, your name and beer score may be available/displayed through the AABC (Australian Amateur Brewing Competition) website.
- WASABC assumes NO LIABILITY for any entries into this competition due to the volunteer nature of the committee and competition. NO refunds will be available. All entries submitted into this competition are subject to this term and all competitors that submit entries into this competition submit entries knowing these terms
- Entry fees will not be refunded if you do not submit your beer
AABC Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Click or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|1.1 Light Australian Lager [AABC]||1.2 Scottish Light [BJCP 14A]||1.3 London Brown Ale [BJCP 27]|
|1.4 Dark Mild [BJCP 13A]||1.5 German Leichtbier [BJCP 5A]||1.6 Czech Pale Lager [BJCP 3A]|
|1.7 Ordinary Bitter [BJCP 11A]||2.1 Australian Lager [AABC]||2.2 Helles Bock [BJCP 4C]|
|2.3 Australian Premium Lager [AABC]||2.4 International Pale Lager [BJCP 2A]||2.5 German Dortmunder [BJCP 5C]|
|2.6 Pre Prohibition Lager [BJCP 27]||2.7 German Pils [BJCP 5D]||2.8 Czech Premium Pale Lager [BJCP 3B]|
|2.9 Festbier [BJCP 4B]||2.10 Munich Helles [BJCP 4A]||3.1 International Amber Lager [BJCP 2B]|
|3.2 Czech Amber Lager [BJCP 3C]||3.3 Munich Dunkel [BJCP 8A]||3.4 Vienna Lager [BJCP 7A]|
|3.5 Marzen [BJCP 6A]||3.6 Czech Dark Lager [BJCP 3D]||3.7 Schwarzbier [BJCP 8B]|
|3.8 California Common [BJCP 19B]||3.9 Dunkles Bock [BJCP 6C]||4.1 Cream Ale [BJCP 1C]|
|4.2 Blonde Ale [BJCP 18A]||4.3 Kolsch [BJCP 5B]||4.4 Belgian Pale Ale [BJCP 24B]|
|4.5 Australian Sparkling Ale [BJCP 12B]||5.1 American Pale Ale [BJCP 18B]||6.1 Australian Bitter Ale [AABC]|
|6.2 British Golden Ale [BJCP 12A]||6.3 Best Bitter [BJCP 11B]||6.4 American Amber Ale [BJCP 19A]|
|6.5 Altbier [BJCP 7B]||6.6 Strong Bitter [BJCP 11C]||7.1 Scottish Heavy [BJCP 14B]|
|7.2 Scottish Export [BJCP 14C]||7.3 Irish Red Ale [BJCP 15A]||7.4 Australian Dark/Old Ale [AABC]|
|7.5 British Brown Ale [BJCP 13B]||7.6 American Brown Ale [BJCP 19C]||8.1 English Porter [BJCP 13C]|
|8.2 American Porter [BJCP 20A]||8.3 Baltic Porter [BJCP 9C]||9.1 Sweet Stout [BJCP 16A]|
|9.2 Irish Stout [BJCP 15B]||9.3 Oatmeal Stout [BJCP 16B]||9.4 Irish Extra Stout [BJCP 15C]|
|10.1 Tropical Stout [BJCP 16C]||10.2 Foreign Extra Stout [BJCP 16D]||10.3 American Stout [BJCP 20B]|
|10.4 Imperial Stout [BJCP 20C]||11.1 English IPA [BJCP 12C]||11.2 American IPA [BJCP 21A]|
|12.1 New England IPA [BJCP 21B]||12.2 White IPA [BJCP 21B]||12.3 Red IPA [BJCP 21B]|
|12.4 Brown IPA [BJCP 21B]||12.5 Rye IPA [BJCP 21B]||12.6 Belgian IPA [BJCP 21B]|
|12.7 Black IPA [BJCP 21B]||12.8 Double IPA [BJCP 22A]||13.1 Weissbier [BJCP 10A]|
|13.2 Witbier [BJCP 24A]||13.3 Dunkles Weissbier [BJCP 10B]||13.4 Roggenbier [BJCP 27]|
|13.5 American Wheat Beer [BJCP1D]||13.6 Weizenbock [BJCP10C]||13.7 Wheatwine [BJCP22D]|
|14.1 Berliner Weisse [BJCP 23A]||14.2 Gose [BJCP 27]||14.3 Flanders Red Ale [BJCP 23B]|
|14.4 Lambic [BJCP 23D]||14.5 Gueuze [BJCP 23E]||14.6 Fruit Lambic [BJCP 23F]|
|14.7 Oud Bruin [BJCP 23C]||14.8 Brett Beer [BJCP 28A]||14.9 Mixed Fermentation Sour [BJCP 28]|
|15.1 Saison [BJCP 25B]||15.2 Biere de Garde [BJCP 24C]||15.3 Trappist Single [BJCP 26A]|
|15.4 Belgian Blond Ale [BJCP 25A]||15.5 Belgian Dubbel [BJCP 26B]||15.6 Belgian Tripel [BJCP 26C]|
|15.7 Belgian Golden Strong Ale [BJCP 25C]||15.8 Belgian Dark Strong Ale [BJCP 26D]||16.1 Wee Heavy [BJCP 17C]|
|16.2 Doppelbock [BJCP 9A]||16.3 Eisbock [BJCP 9B]||16.4 British Strong Ale [BJCP 17A]|
|16.5 Old Ale [BJCP 17B]||16.6 American Strong Ale [BJCP 22B]||16.7 English Barleywine [BJCP 17D]|
|16.8 American Barleywine [BJCP 22C]||17.1 Fruit Beer [BJCP 29A]||17.2 Spice Herb Vegetable Beer [BJCP 30A]|
|17.3 Autumn Seasonal Beer [BJCP 30B]||17.4 Winter Seasonal Beer [BJCP 30C]||18.1 Rauchbier [BJCP 6B]|
|18.2 Classic Style Smoked Beer [BJCP 32A]||18.3 Specialty Smoked Beer [BJCP 32B]||18.4 Wood Aged Beer [BJCP 33A]|
|18.5 Specialty Wood?Aged Beer [BJCP 33B]||18.6 Belgian Specialty Ale [AABC]||18.7 Alternative Grain Beer [BJCP 31A]|
|18.8 Alternative Sugar Beer [BJCP 31B]||18.9 Experimental Beer [BJCP 34C]||19.1 Dry Mead [BJCP M1A]|
|19.2 Semi Sweet Mead [BJCP M1B]||19.3 Sweet Mead [BJCP M1C]||19.4 Fruit Mead [BJCP M2]|
|19.5 Fruit Spice Mead [BJCP M3A]||19.6 Braggot [BJCP M4A]||19.7 Other Mead [BJCP M3B, M4B, M4C]|
|20.1 New World Cider [BJCP C1A]||20.2 English Cider [BJCP C1B]||20.3 French Cider [BJCP C1C]|
|20.4 Perry (New World, Traditional) [BJCP C1D]||20.5 Other Cider/Perry [BJCP C2]|
Number of Bottles Required Per Entry: 3
Judging Sessions and Dates
Best of Show
The Best of Show judging will be determined by a Best of Show panel based on a second judging of the top winners.
Winners of First, Second and Third in each category will be awarded with gold, silver or bronze medals respectively.
To determine awards where more than one (1) class or subclass is involved, a separate system of selection will determine the place winners.
The top four (4) scoring entries only, from an Exhibitor will be used to calculate the “Best Brewer”. The Brewer must enter a minimum of four (4) eligible exhibits.
The “Best Beer” will be determined through the judging panel “Best of Show”.
The beer that wins “Best of Show” (BOS) is not necessarily the beer that scored the highest in the competition as the BOS uses a different process.
Awards will be announced at the Awards Presentation on Friday 10 September 2021. Invitations and ticket sales will be available through Eventbrite/WASABC 2021 Facebook page. Award winners will be notified via email after the Awards Presentation to which medals they have been awarded;
Award winners are expected to collect their award(s) or arrange for the collection by their Agent at the Awards Presentation or Exhibitors Tasting. If WASABC is required to post medals, trophies or prizes, this will be at the participant’s expense.
Northbridge Brewing Co
Friday 10 September, 2021 16:00, +08